Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Human Body

Whenever I used to see photographic series that contained nudity I always used to wonder how awkward the person behind the camera might feel, earlier this year I had the chance to find out.

I was lucky enough to gain the opportunity of a photo shoot with a life model. At first I felt incredibly nervous, I wasn't sure how the model would behave and I didn't want to turn all nervous and flustered. Turns out I had nothing to worry about, the model was lovely and answered any questions I had and explained how the process usually works. Even she was a little nervous as she was used to being painted or sculpted rather than photographed. After a few moments I became completely used to the nude woman posing in front of me, and I used the opportunity to explore the idea of recreating classical nude sculptures in photography. The following photos where the end result;



















The photos where largely inspired by Robert Mapplethorpe and Man Ray. 

PS, I want to have a body like that when I'm her age. 




No comments:

Post a Comment